Sunday, November 13, 2011

Life is elsewhere.

A View from Hotel room. - Shanghai

I was born in Anhui, went school in Shanghai and thereafter graduation since obtained Shanghai household registration, by law technically a Shanghainess.  Whenever I visit hometown where my parents and my loved ones live, I will still talk with my hometown dialect, as if I never been outside of that city and never been studied abroad. Whenever home, I would always argue with my parents, made a headache with everyone. By the time I was tired of business travels and felt blue, I will always receive a call from mom. And at the other end of the line, she would always say something trivial and I would always listen quietly without saying one word, by the time I hang up world starts to rebuild again…

Shanghai in October always feels sweeter as the air is suffused with aroma of sweet olive (桂花 in Chinese). There were bushes of sweet olives by the window of the dormitory I used to live ten years ago. This time I went back again and glad to see the bushes are still there, and blooming as usual….. I strolled through the campus with J and showed him a small court I used to play basketball at night by myself, felt nothing but peace….

Life elsewhere,  living at present.

No comments:

Post a Comment